Due to a funding of Paris Sciences & Lettres and a funding of French Pacific Funds, a summer class/workshop on coral reefs is organized at Moorea (French Polynesia) from 02nd to 11th May 2017.
The different thematics tackled during this class will be:
- Biology, Ecology & Conservation of Fish, Coral and Algae
- Coral Reef Biodiversity Facing Global Changes
- Long-term Monitoring in the South Pacific Coral Reefs
- The Future of Coral Reefs and Human interactions
- Linking governance & Socio-ecological Resilience of Coral Reefs in the Changing World
This summer class/workshop will be done at the CRIOBE, research station based at Moorea Island, French Polynesia, since 1971. The different teachers belong to different PSL institutions: EPHE, CNRS, EHESS, ENS, Mines Paris Tech, ESPCI Paris. The registration is free. Moreover, some grants for travel (Paris to Moorea or South Pacific Islands to Moorea) and accommodation are available for PSL and USP students (Master or Phd levels).
If you are interested, please contact Prof. David Lecchini before the 10th April 2017 : email@example.com.